12 Bullet Points on 2011
• January – Rang in the New Year with Adam’s family in Florida
• February – I got a promotion at work
• March – Adam and I took a mini-trip to Savannah and started looking for a house
• April – Adam and I ran a 5K (my first) and we both finished under 30 minutes
• May – We went to a great Zac Brown Band concert with friends, traveled to Washington, DC to visit Adam’s twin brother, Adam got a promotion of sorts, and we went under contract on our house!
• July – went to a wedding, moved into our house, celebrated my 25th birthday and had about 20 friends over to our empty and box-ridden home, I went to Austin, TX for a conference where the highs were about 112 degrees every day. Ouch.
• August – went to another wedding and spent a weekend on Lake Burton with our friends
• September – had Adam’s brother and friend from high school stay with us, started some major yard work, and had a date night at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens
• October – celebrated our 1 year anniversary in the Smokey Mountains. I went to Nashville with my sorority sisters, visited my brother while I was there and helped him propose to his fiancée. I started working from home 1 day per week, we kept doing lots of yard work
• November – went to Birmingham to help my formerly-pregnant-now-she’s-had-a-beautiful-baby-boy sorority sister get ready for her little baby. We got our gorgeous kitchen table and chairs from Adam’s parents, celebrated Thanksgiving and Adam & Ryan’s 28th birthdays with my family in Atlanta, kept going with home improvement projects like curtains and painting, and raked/blew approximately 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 leaves in the yard
• December – went to several office holiday parties, participated in 2 white elephant exchanges (1 with my book club and the other with my sorority sisters), Christmas shopping, went to Florida to spend Christmas with Adam’s family. While there, we went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and got trampled on by muggles pretending to be wizards. Going on December 26th is a bad idea. Now we just have to go back. Celebrated a late Christmas with my family on New Year’s Eve.
Things We’re Looking Forward to in 2012:
• Various weddings all over the western hemisphere in North Carolina, Maryland, and Grand Cayman
• My sorority’s anniversary celebration this spring. It will be one giant reunion
• Our California trip. It’s the first real vacation we’re taking since our honeymoon. We’re beyond excited!
• Hopefully getting a puppy! GASP!
• New opportunities at both of our jobs
• Slowing down a bit with house-related projects – it gets exhausting
• Visiting Adam’s family in Florida and DC
• Having Adam’s family visit us in Atlanta
• Making progress on acquiring furniture for our house
That’s about it. Summing 2011 up like that shows me how busy we really were. While 2011 was very good to us, we’re hoping 2012 will be mellow. We’re ready for a slow-down. Anybody make any resolutions? I did. I made mine back in November though. That’s how badly I need to work on my potty mouth, eating healthier, and slowing down (I do too much. It’s a problem.).