The New Rug in Residence
Thought I’d share what all the excitement is about at our house. We have a new rug for our living room – finally. And I was très crafty about it too!
Here she is:
Don’t mind the rest of the things in this room. Everything will be changing. Well, maybe not the collection of throw pillows I’ve slowly acquired. I keep telling my husband we won’t keep all of them so he’ll get off my case! Hi, my name is Meredith and I have a throw pillow problem.
So the story goes like this (in bullet points):
- We are furnishing this room: couch, chairs, occasional tables, the works. This couch is going bye-bye.
- I’m trying to decide on window treatments
- I realized I should pick the rug out before the window treatments because there are less rugs to choose from than fabric/curtains
- I wanted to get rug before big couch arrived so we wouldn’t have to move big couch more than once
- I went to rug store
- They let me borrow a rug for 24 hours
- I took rug home and rolled it out in living room
- We liked it
- I found it on – you guessed it! – overstock.com for 65% off what the rug salesman wanted to sell it for
- We wrestled the rug back in my car and I brought it back to the rug store, much to rug guy’s dismay (I do feel bad about not supporting the local retailer, but when I can save us HUNDREDS of dollars, that’s what I’ve gotta do.)
- I ordered rug on overstock and a rug pad
- They arrived 4 days later – free shipping too
- We wrestled all 104 lbs. inside and after much tugging, huffing, and puffing, we have a rug
- She’s pretty
- I’m in lurrrve
- Expecting armchair and ottoman in 2 weeks, couch and other chair in 4-6 weeks
- No future puppy allowed in this room
- P.S. I found curtains that I think are the perfect match at Pottery Barn. They are ridiculously expensive. Somebody move and give me your “new address” coupon to PB, please. That’s the only coupon I’ve ever had from there and we used it on our kitchen table and chairs. It was a worthy cause, but WAHHH!