Spring Has Sprung a New Wreath
I love me some wreaths, but they are so expensive. No wonder my mother always makes hers. I have a fall wreath, I have a Christmas wreath I bought at Pier 1 on sale, but that’s it. Time for a spring/summer wreath.
Styrofoam wreath form
Brightly colored yarn (I have 2 colors)
Coordinating fabric scraps (about 3-5 different fabrics at 1/2 yd each)
Hot glue gun
1. Tie the end of your yarn around the wreath and affix the knot with hot glue
2. Wrap the yarn around the wreath form covering all the styrofoam, hot gluing every few inches.
3. Switch colors when you like. Tie different yarns together and glue knot to wreath form on the back of wreath
4. Once you’ve finished wrapping the wreath, straighten any overlapping/criss-crossing yarn.
5. To make your fabric flowers, I followed Katie Bower’s tutorial.
6. I used straight pins and pinned the flowers to the wreath in an arrangement I liked.